3/22/09

Ptown friends

There are many good and bad things about being from a small town. But the best the thing about being from a small town, Ptown to be exact, is that you can pick right up where you left off no matter how long it has been since you have seen your friends.
I met Shanna and Mitsi in front of the Louvre and from there we spent a fabulous day roaming the streets of Paris.
There is a perfume store in the Place de Vosges that was finally open and we left smelling like we might have visited a French brothel!

Then Mitsi showed me the address of where she would like to visit, Marche Clignancourt, these are the kind of visitors I could get used to. The area is far from posh, but oh so very worth it. This flea market is like Canton on supreme steroids. I have officially found my favorite place in Paris.That is a metal table with antique chairs. I think I need a raise, because I feel some serious shopping trips in my future.Mitsi has the same problem as me.She enters a shop and regardless if it is a garage sell type of shop or a boutique type stall, she can pick out the most expensive item.As for Shanna, her motto is more in line with Brandon, she likes to shop she just doesn't like to spend money. I tried to talk her into some good little treasures and she would have nothing to do with it. Sadly, for Brandon, I don't share that characteristic with my good friend.


What we do have in common is an amazing friendship that has lasted since the moment we met, from Pleasanton to Paris!

1 comment:

Kim McCaslin Schlieker said...

Dang, we missed the canton on steroids of Paris!!! Roxanne would have lost her mind.