1/4/10

I will stop this car!!!


This little child can push one to the very outer limits.
One of my goals for 2010 is to read some books on raising boys. If you don't have one of these little darlings, let me assure you they are a whole different ball game than girls.
I have girlfriends with all boys that swear they don't want girls.
They are either saints or crazy, I'm not sure which.
This little monster, um, darling was with my mom and Jaylee yesterday while I shopped with my sister.
Have I mentioned how much I like it here?
I kept looking down for poop at the outdoor mall, but never found any.
Refreshing.
By the time I met back up with my little darlings and we finished Camden's birthday celebration (can't get pictures off the camera!), Jaylee and Aidan went into full fight mode in the car while Mema was driving.
Mema's don't need a book.
She gave first warning:
"Do you want me to stop this car?"
They paid her no attention.
She braked checked them in the middle of the street.
She got their attention.
Jaylee completely scared and behaving angelically by the brake check.
Aidan, he needed a bit more prodding.
Me, giggling in the front seat.
Mema has also taken the five dollar bill that sparked the fight.
Aidan is now crying and yelling from the back seat.
Mema, throws in a:
"Do you want me to give you something to cry about?"
Aidan:
"NO!!! I want it back!!!"

4 comments:

Kim McCaslin Schlieker said...

Oh yes, sister I feel your pain. Those little tyrants are just nuggets of joy!!! I'd like to tell you that it gets better as they age, but I'm on year six and I haven't seen it yet!!! I'm holding out hope for me and you!!

Kerrie.sra@gmail.com said...

Good luck, you spent time with Robby, you have seen he has no brain. I know they say girls are worse, I just have yet to see it. And no I am not saying I don't think it is possible, those feathers I wish not to choke on, just saying I haven't experienced it yet. Go Mema. I was lmao at the brake check.

Unknown said...

Yes, boys are different...but I seem to remember Miss Jaylee was quite a handful at that age as well...make sure you are blogging when she starts the eyerolling in
5th grade....and there are a some good books on raising boys...Michael Thompson is one author who makes sense.
Love ya,

Carol

Unknown said...

I had no experience with boys, grew up with two sisters and had two daughters when Derek was born. Isolating him from everyone else worked great with him, he's a people person. Wait 'til your babe is 15, is lifting you off the floor and talking to you in a deep voice, fortunately they can't get a driver's license here until they turn 18! I'm pretty sure Dr. Phil must have some good pointers on his website.