11/19/09

November 19

A year ago on this day when my friend Carol sent me a letter asking me if I had enjoyed my first glass of Beaujolais on opening day, I was a bit confused.


Not confused that she knew something that I didn't, she's a librarian, I'm convinced they know EVERYTHING, but I live in Paris and she lives in Dallas and I had NO idea what she was talking about.
Low and behold, I started looking around to figure it out and in EVERY window in Paris there it would be:


Beaujolais Nouveau Arrive'

So consider yourself in the know.

How to party for the arrival of Beaujolais Nouveau?

The Beaujolais Nouveau is a ritual, a large and popular pagan festival. Universal, it adapts to all countries and flows into all cultures. Simple and unpretentious, Beaujolais Nouveau goes wonderfully with many dishes and cuisines. It is shared between friends. Like all wines, it must be consumed in moderation.
No "code" to celebrate the arrival of Beaujolais Nouveau, and yet, however, some rules are incompressible:
- Respect the law and know how to wait midnight, regardless of the timezone. No Beaujolais Nouveau before the big day and on time. To begin the evening, an idea: try other brands of vineyard Beaujolais: Beaujolais-Villages and some of the 10 crus ... For the Beaujolais is not just the Beaujolais Nouveau.
- Beaujolais Nouveau wine is genuine. It is shared, such as good mood. Serve cool, 10-11 degrees. Above all, do not "take the lead": an aperitif, with starters, deli meats, goat cheese, seafood, fish tartare, oysters or sushi, it is ideal. But everyone can, without betraying any religion, give free rein to his culinary inspiration.
- Choose the place that you like: a cellar of Beaujolais winemaker if you want to share the passion of a single profession and the warmth of people who have a genuine sense of hospitality, the pub nearest to you held by a loud-mouthed boss, a rather more chic, if you love social gatherings, or simply "at home with friends ...."



Remember the date of Beaujolais Nouveau! D-Day: Thursday, November 19, at 00 h 00 specific, in France and worldwide

No, I did not come up with that wisdom on my own, go HERE to learn more.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Kerrie.sra@gmail.com said...

loved the link but I think I better brush up on my french. Countdown until your visit. I can't wait and the kids are so excited. See you in 1 month!

Unknown said...

There is a reason librarians know when the wine arrives ;-)

Enjoy!

Will you make it to Dallas on your Christmas tour?

Carol

Jon Van said...

Beaujolais nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes produced in the Beaujolais region of France. It is the most popular vin de primeur, fermented for just a few weeks then officially released for sale on the third Thursday of November. This "Beaujolais Day", or "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" sees heavy marketing from the producers, with races to get the first bottles of the vintage to different markets.

--Wikipedia